Pages

Monday, August 12

Breacher v2.0

I don't normally do fitting posts on my blog because they're kinda boring, but today I'm making an exception. Why? Because the Breacher is fucking glorious now, and what I mean by now is since the introduction of the navy 50 cap booster charge. And I wish to share its glory with you all.

[Breacher, Brawler]

Internal Force Field Array I
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
 

Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
1MN Afterburner II
 

Rocket Launcher II, Inferno Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Inferno Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Inferno Rage Rocket
 

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
 

Hobgoblin II x2

Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-2
Zainou 'Gypsy' Electronics EE-601


The only real downside is the price tag, at current Jita prices it'll set you back about 20 million per Breacher. If you go for a 3% CPU implant you can run a pseudoelectron DCU instead, shaving off about 4 million, so that should pay if you fly more then 5 without losing any pods.

But is it worth it? I'd say it is.

vs. Catalyst: http://zkillboard.com/detail/32349406/
vs. Tormentor (scorch)http://zkillboard.com/detail/32464588/
vs. MWD Thrasher: http://zkillboard.com/detail/32485937/
vs. AB Thrasher: http://zkillboard.com/detail/32487849/ 

All these are without links/shiny implants or pills. I've since started carrying standard blue though to try and take on Assault Frigates, I'll let you know how that works out!


Piloting Instructions;

Stay at around 7km and chuck rockets, don't be shy about overheating the afterburner and booster to mitigate incoming damage. After the charges you get one extra dry cycle out of the ancillary shield booster, you can push it to two but that will more often then not shut off various other modules as you will cap out. And remember against really small or sufficiently fast targets Caldari Navy Rockets will do more damage then rage rockets.
I never recommend using the orbit function, but if you *must* right click on it and manually set the distance to 6250m and you should be ok in most fights.



2 comments:

  1. :( your not supposed to tell people these wonderful secrets, I'm going to have to go back to flying tormentors now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering my thousands of page hits since posting this I think you'll be fine :P

      Delete