Pages

Tuesday, May 29

Hulkageddon V: The Wrap Up

So Hulkageddon V has come and gone, there was some good and some bad. I kept it up for the full month and this resulted in finishing 1st for Amarr Hisec, 4th in the junior league, 5th in the champions league and 7th in the solo killers ranking. A result I'm quite pleased with and also fairly proud off. You can go look at the leaderboard here.

The Black Rebel Rifter Club as a whole did fairly well too with 352 miners exploded and 62.98 billion ISK in damages done (4.28% of the grand Hulkageddon total). From amongst my fellows in space crime Salisar Salubrious & Dreksl also feature on the leaderboard (congratulations chaps!).

I have thus far collected 1.2 billion ISK in Goon payouts, money that I didn't all put in my pockets, a portion of it went to sponsoring T1 fitted destroyers for my fellow rebels. These where subsequently used in a few very enjoyable Friday and Saturday nights over the course of May. As we went out ganking miners in a group format while getting stupendously drunk on voice comms in the process on a couple (well most) of these occasions.
"ugh, I must be allergic to miners or something... I always wake up with a massive headache after these gank nights" ~Rah Melkon
Most notable of these nights was an early one where we went and ganked fellow blogger Pointy Sticks. We also learned that you click Luna Lafisques links in fleet chat at your own peril some things can never be unseen.  Then there was the 'survivors', two Hulks over the course of the weeks defied our attempts at destructing them even with up to 5 (T1) destroyers. I tip my hat to you survivors, you illustrate the point that Hulks can be tanked to provide at least some measure of survivability. Furthermore some interesting threats were levelled at us -well not us actually but the goons not sure why he sent the mail to us-  by what I presume must be have been an alt of this Omen pilot (we were going for a Hulk, but it was *gasp* paying attention and left so we made due with the Omen).

Such a shame all that real life money couldn't buy you an education.
 Oh also we're space Nazi's. Vincent R'lyeh promptly created a picture to commemorate this revelation of our true nature.



Other highlights for me personally involved Gege Derground whose Retriever I exploded on one of the first days of Hulkageddon and who subsequently followed me around for three days announcing my ill intent in local to all who would hear it. I was quite flattered by all the attention. And Joe Struck made a commemorative Pony.



And then there was Vulrath VulKoss who was out several times trying to acquire the contents of my pod, unsuccessfully I might add. Mangala Solaris of RvB ganked & podcast fame convinced someone to try and sell me a Hulk much to my amusement! On the killmail front my personal favourite involved Retrievers and not Hulks, but I got three of them in one go with a single T1 fitted catalyst much to my delight.

Forum and blog fun was had as well. Oddball who's Hulk & pod I ganked in Bahromab decided to go to the forums to voice his grievances spawning a threadnaught in the process. This threadnaught then resulted in both Oddball and myself grabbing the attention of blogging robot Ripard Teg. Helicity Boson courteously mentioned our Pointy Sticks endeavour on the frontage of the Hulkageddon website.

Hulkageddon all in all was quite the community event for me *but* I have a negative as well. A month is to bloody long I'm pretty burned out on ganking now in all honesty. This Ensures that for a good long while miners will have little if anything to fear from me.

On a final note I wish to thank Helicity Boson, the Goon killboard technicians and accountants for putting in the time and effort to organize the event and making it all tick. And also to Mittens for pulling the proverbial Goon wallet you (albeit indirectly) paid for some very fun Friday & Saturday nights for a good few Black Rebels.

That just leaves me with one unfilled promise; A fit for a properly tanked Hulk as used (I ship scanned it) by somebody that survived no less then 5 T1 catalysts (he had shield links though we suspect).

[Hulk, The Winner Is]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Damage Control II

Medium Shield Extender II
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Ice Harvester II
Ice Harvester II
Ice Harvester II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5


Peace,

Kaeda out.

Awwwww yeeeeaaaaaaa!

4 comments:

  1. Nice write up and very well done. It was a pleasure reading the various threads and blogposts. :)


    MB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good little report! And my, that's a lot of hardware destroyed! Well done and I'm damn proud to know you, Killer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get on grid with any exhumers that you didn't try to attack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done.

    I saw a Hulk that had two Orcas assigned to it constantly - one with siege links and one continuously shield repping it.

    I guess if you're willing to pay for 3 accounts to make a million isk an hour you can (until some annoyed person calls in the battleships).

    ReplyDelete